If there’s one space in your home that inspires you, it should be your office. It is where you work, after all… Where you formulate and perfect all of your killer #girlboss ideas!
I’ve spent the last two months curating items for my office that inspire me and it’s finally finished! I’m a little like Goldilocks… Different pieces of furniture have come and gone until I felt that it was juuust right! And who knows, maybe I’ll make a few tweaks here and there (I probably will), but the important part is that the space feels like mine.
After all of my decorating, I have a few tips on how to create an inspiring, uplifting, and positive space for yourself:
1. Be Bold. Decide what you want as a focal point in your space and build from there. I chose this killer Rifle Paper Co. wallpaper from Lavender Fields as my starting point and went from there. Every decor and furniture piece was carefully chosen after that as not to clash with the pretty pineapples.
Lavender Fields is having some killer sales from now until 10/15. You can score this wallpaper (and oh so many other fabulous options) for a discounted price! They have a ton of great home decor pieces, so I would definitely check em’ out!
2. Mix and Match. Don’t be afraid to travel back in time and get a super rustic piece to pair with a modern piece. Infuse a little fun into your space! I love seeing different pieces from various time periods come together. Done right, it can really help a space come together.
3. Create a story. With the art, furniture, decor and color scheme that you choose, make sure that everything, well… flows. I chose pinks as my color scheme and supplemented with muted grays, blues, and greens as to not take away from my main palette. If you’re like me and you can get a little color crazy, choose one bold color and compliment it with muted neutrals so that things don’t get too out of hand.
Minted has some absolutely stunning pieces that I’ve used for both my office and family room. I have a gorgeous cactus print, copper art shelf and an abstract piece that I’m obsessed with. If you’ve never been to their site, you HAVE to check them out.
This art shelf has quickly become one of my favorite wall hangings. I looove it. The copper adds so much character!
This is the piece that I’ve hung in my family room. We get compliments on it every time someone new comes over!
4. Look alive. I always like to have at least one living thing in every room, especially the office. Plants that clean the air are always good to have around, and at least for me, they have a calming effect. I like to throw some faux plants into the mix as well.
Annnd maybe geodes aren’t alive, but these fabulous Brazilian geode bookends from Vintau give me heart eyes all the way!
These art prints from Rifle Paper Co. always have me going gaga. Along with plants, they breath some life into the room. Just another touch of uniqueness to the space! I also snagged this super handy Rifle Paper Co. desk pad!
5. INSPIRE. At the end of the day, you need to be inspired by the space. It has to feel like a place where creativity can be cultivated. What feeling do you get when you walk in? If you feel excited and energized when you enter the space, you’re probably doing something right.
Although the table shown above didn’t quite fit in the space, the super talented Mckenna of Latest Lovely repurposed it for me. If you have an old piece that needs a little life breathed into it, Mckenna is your girl!
I hope that you enjoyed this post! Have fun creating your space! 😉
Special thank you to Rifle Paper Co., Lavender Fields, Vintau & Minted for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.