Pink hair! It’s so fun! To achieve your perfect shade, it will be a process, but a fun one I promise! I’ve listed pastel hair best practices, as well as products that you’ll need to keep your hair fresh and healthy.
This post is looong overdue. I apologize that it has taken me so very long to publish, but now it’s here!
1. Start with platinum/white blonde hair. This is a delicate process… If you naturally have darker hair this must be taken in steps. Going platinum can really damage your hair, so you have to be careful. I’d suggest going to a hair dresser that specializes in bleaching, so that you can get the very best treatment and avoid as much damage as possible.
2. Add color to your conditioner. My killer hair dresser adds color to my deep conditioner for me so that every time I wash, I add some more color to my hair. It helps to both avoid as much fading as possible and to moisturize the hair. Bleached hair can get reeeally dry, so a deep conditioner is a must!
3. Be gentle. Avoid heat and treat your hair like a new born babe– Seriously! I try not to put heat on my hair more than once a week. Again, bleaching damages your hair and avoiding heat can help it maintain its strength.
4. Don’t wash often. Because pastel colors fade quickly, you want to avoid washing your hair everyday. I usually wash once a week. Purchasing a shower cap (I know, it’s super attractive) is helpful to keep your pastel pink hair dry when you take your showers.
5. Use dry shampoo like it’s going out of style. Because you don’t want to wash everyday, use dry shampoo to soak up the oils. I live and die by it. Dry shampoo will be your BFF!
Below is a list of my top picks for products you’ll need to help with adequate upkeep:
I hope that you enjoyed this post! Good luck with your pastel hair! Leave a comment with any questions 😉