If it’s in my daily routine, I’m pretty good about remembering things, but when I’m going on a trip, or really anywhere that’s not in my normal day to day grind, I’m sort of the queen of forgetting. I’m very much a creature of habit. And when I go places out of the ordinary I can get a little frazzled… So, for my summer adventures, I’ve decide to make a killer list of must-haves so that I can be a little more prepared. Hopefully it’ll help my busy mind stay on top of things.
Whether you’re going to the beach, or the pool, here are your fab bag must-haves:
- A good book and/or notebook + pen: Sometimes you want to live it up at the beach and sometimes you just want to relax. The trouble is, you may not know until you get there. So, it’s never a bad idea to pack a notebook (I have LOTS of thoughts) or a good book.
- Portable phone battery: There’s nothing worse than having your trusty ol’ cell phone die on you. Okay, there are much worse things, but it’s way annoying. So pack a battery to ensure it never happens!
- Water bottle: Gimme all the water. A recent life goal is to bring a water bottle everywhere. Like, everywhere. Gotta stay hydrated, girl!
- Sunscreen: Never forget your sunscreen! I like the Silk Hydration Weightless lotion/sunscreen from Hawaiian Tropic. It smells amazing (like an orangesicle) and it is super duper hydrating, especially at the beach where your skin gets all dry and flaky. There’s no shame in pampering your skin!
- Leave-in conditioner: If there’s one thing I’ve learned about the beach, it’s that it’s a perfect environment for messy, tangled, crazy hair. So, after you decide to take a dip in that salt water, put a little leave-in conditioner in your hair so that it isn’t so dry and dreadlocky.
- Tiny ponies: I LOVE those teeny tiny transparent plastic pony tail holders. You know, the ones that are like for toddlers? Yes, those ones. They are all I use anymore. Out with the annoying fabricy ones and in with the ultra stretchy plastic ones. Yes, please!
- Stylin’ sunnies: Kind of a no brainer. You’ve gotta have some sweet sunglasses.
- Tinted lip balm: I’m on a new tinted lip balm craze– I love it. And I figure, since you don’t wear makeup at the beach/pool, a tinted lip balm is the perfect touch.
- Dry shampoo: Maybe you have to be somewhere after your swim? No worries, dry shampoo will save the day. It actually saves me everyday…
- A comfy towel/blanket: A girl needs a place to lay at the beach and for me, it needs to be a place where I can spread out a little and not have sand in every crevasse. A large towel or beach blanket is a must.
And if you’re going to the beach, why not go to a dream beach? And why not do it for free? Enter the #MyAlohaMoment sweeps to win an indulgent getaway for two to a tropical location (oooh sounds romantic)!
Here’s how to enter:
Upload a photo and tag #myalohamoment #sweepstakes and @hawaiiantropic for a chance to win. And that’s it! Posted images must be your own and should be Hawaiian Tropic Aloha Therapy themed, but are not required to include any product. The Grand Prize is a fabulous tropical getaway, but there will be two runner-up prizes (Hawaiian Tropic gift packs filled with fun summer essentials). So hurry up and enter! I know I will. Sheesh. I need a vacation!
Let me know if you enter! I want to see your cute photos!
I’m sharing Hawaiian Tropic in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™. All thoughts and opinions are my own. #HawaiianTropicCrowd