My very first post on Madam Andrews was actually published in July of last year… But I didn’t really get things going until August. So it may be a little belated, but I’m going to say it any way– Happy Blogiversary (to me)!
There are SO many things that I’ve learned over the last year (too much to write), so I decided to just focus on a few. Let’s jump right in–
- Just keep swimming (going). Do as Dory does and keep on keepin’ on. I don’t know that I’ve met any fellow blogger that at one point or another, didn’t want to quit. There was a point where I wanted to quit at least once a week, but I didn’t– And I’m very glad that I didn’t. Blogging is hard for a lot of reasons… It takes SO much time and maybe even more energy. It’s exhausting, many times overwhelming, and can be difficult to maneuver. Goals are sometimes difficult to reach and it can feel like everyone else is having success but YOU. But just like every other challenging thing that you find in life, you can’t quit. If you love it, you’ll figure out what works for you.
- Stop caring what people think. I would often look at other girls and think, I can’t pull that off. I’m not pretty enough. I’m not cool enough. I’m not skinny enough… Well, it’s all a bunch of bologna. I knew that blogging would challenge me (I had no idea just how much…) and so I knew that I had to get rid of the negative self talk and believe in myself. Stop caring what people think and just do you. You’re not going to please everyone.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself. Bleh. This is a tough one for me and something that I’m still working on. It’s difficult to find a balance between pushing myself to do better and not being a complete OCD, over the top insane person who is intensely critical of herself. Like I said, I know how important this one is and I’m still trying to find that balance.
- Trust and support others. I’ve made some truly amazing friends from this experience and I am so very grateful for that. I love seeing everyone grow and develop into what they want to become. However, it’s sometimes hard to know who wants to love and support you and who just wants to use you. It SUCKS and it’s actually pretty sad. But, I’ve found that despite what other people decide to do, I can still be a positive and supportive friend. I’d just rather be the bigger person, you know? Plus, I’m a firm believer in karma.
- Have fun. If it’s not fun, then why are you doing it? It’s really easy, for me at least, to get sucked into the nitty gritty of everything and forget why I actually started. But when it gets down to it, I still need to be having fun. I started blogging because I’ve always had a love for fashion. It has since developed into so much more and I’m continually thankful for the doors that have opened because of my blog. And let me tell you, it’s FUN!
I feel so lucky every day for the love and support that I’ve received. I have big dreams for Madam Andrews and I hope that you’ll follow along on my journey!